Experience foreign cultures
Going abroad to experience foreign cultures is a must today. Students want to learn about other cultures and discover cultural differences. They are eager to get in contact with foreign people either by visiting their countries or by communicating on the Internet. To understand a foreign culture and successfully interact with people from other countries, it is important that students build up intercultural competence - as Jawaharlal Nehru said, “Culture is a widening of the mind and of the spirit”. Therefore, the international activities are given high priority at Mariagerfjord Gymnasium.
The International Classes in which the international dimension is given top priority are very popular. The students do not only study foreign cultures in class, but they also gain international experience and competence when participating in school projects and exchanges with students in Europe, Brazil and the USA.
- Berufskolleg St. Michael, Tyskland
- Asheville High School, North Carolina, USA
- Brevard High School, North Carolina, USA
- North Buncombe High School, North Carolina, USA
- Colégio de Aplicação João XXIII, Brasilien
- Ies Jorge Manrique, Palencia, Spanien.